Two-Day Riders: $250 minimum
One-Day Riders: $175 minimum
(Cyclists must meet their fundraising minimum prior to packet pick-up)
Virtual Rider: Includes a Bike Around the Bay t-shirt and the ability to win fundraising prizes. No fundraising minimum
Every dollar you raise helps support local projects and programs that protect and preserve Galveston Bay.
Fundraising Tips to help you reach your fundraising goal:
- If you haven't done so already, donate to your own ride! You can do this anonymously. People are more likely to donate if they see someone else has already contributed. Remember to check if your company will match your gift!
- Send an email to friends, family, and coworkers to ask them to sponsor your ride. Visit your Participant Center by logging in at the top of the page and then click on the Email tab. You can upload contacts and send personalized emails to a group. We've already prepared email templates that you can use!
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser and use the power of social media to further your fundraising! Log into your Participant Center and select Connect Fundraiser to Facebook This will link your fundraiser directly to your Bike Around the Bay personal page so all Facebook donations will sync to your fundraising and count towards your fundraising goal.
All rider donations are tax-deductible. If you prefer to mail donations, please ensure all checks are payable to the Galveston Bay Foundation. Checks should have the rider's name and "Bike Around the Bay" written in the Memo field and include an offline pledge form
Please mail checks to:
Galveston Bay Foundation
1725 Highway 146
Kemah, TX 77565
All online donations will generate an auto-reply email that will serve as an official tax receipt and acknowledgment for all online contributions. If you would like an additional mailed acknowledgment letter for any online donation, please call the Galveston Bay Foundation at (281) 332-3381 or contact us by email at email@example.com.
Double your donation!
Many companies offer matching gifts for employees. Check to see if your company or your donor's company has a matching gift program that can help you reach your fundraising goal.
Will a pending matching gift count towards my fundraising?
Yes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of the confirmation email provided by your company when you have submitted your matching gift request. Give us a few days and we will add it to your fundraising total.
Titanium Top 30
The Titanium Top 30 is an exclusive club that consists of the top 30 individual fundraisers in Bike Around the Bay. In 2020, the Titanium Top 30 raised over $65,000 to help protect Galveston Bay! Titanium Top 30 riders receive the following benefits:
- Pair of 2021 Bike Around the Bay socks
- Access to VIP tent on Day 1 at Moody Gardens which includes food and drinks, free massage for you and a guest, and much more!
- VIP bike storage at the Day 1 Finish Line
- Two invitations to a sunset cruise on Galveston Bay in Spring 2022
- Your name listed on the Bike Around the Bay website and in the Galveston Bay Foundation Annual Report
- Guaranteed room reservation at the Moody Gardens Hotel for the 2022 ride (cyclist responsible for providing credit card for payment)
- Within the Titanium Top 30, the Top 10 fundraisers will receive all the above benefits as well as a unique yellow Bike Around the Bay jersey and VIP parking at Plantgistix
For recognition purposes at the ride, total fundraising will be determined on Friday, October 15, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Your fundraising efforts will help protect and restore Galveston Bay and could qualify you for these awesome gift cards to Bike Barn. Fundraising will remain open until November 2, 2021.
Gold Rider Prizes ($350-$599)
$25 Bike Barn gift card
Platinum Rider Prizes ($600-$999)
$50 Bike Barn gift card
Diamond Rider Prizes ($1000+)
$100 Bike Barn gift card
Riders will also have the option of donating the cost of their prize back to the Galveston Bay Foundation to advance its mission of protecting and preserving the Bay!
Team Fundraising Prizes
The top five teams that raise the most funds - both in overall dollar amount and by average per rider - will receive the following benefits:
- Starting line space reserved for your team
- Team recognition along the rider route
Weekly Fundraising Program
As an extra thank you to riders for their fundraising efforts to support Bike Around the Bay and the Galveston Bay Foundation, we will be holding a special weekly fundraising contest. Look for emails to tell you about our exciting fundraising prizes! We will notify registered riders before each prize is offered, and it will be announced on the Bike Around the Bay Facebook page.