The ride provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity to circumnavigate Galveston Bay on bike, all while supporting a great cause: the preservation of the Bay for years to come. Enjoy the scenery that will take you through a variety of bayfront views landscapes, and cities. Highlights include:
- Ride around Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge and along the Gulf of Mexico
- Cross the Intracoastal Waterway at High Island - the highest point on the Gulf Coast between the Yucatan Peninsula and Alabama
- See dolphins while crossing from the Bolivar Peninsula to Galveston Island on a ferry ride
- Enjoy dinner and entertainment at the Moody Gardens Hotel
- Cycle across the Galveston Causeway and the Texas City Levee
- Travel through the historic towns of Kemah and Seabrook on the west side of the Bay
- Conquer the Fred Hartman Bridge on the way to the finish line
What is the fundraising minimum for Bike Around the Bay?
All registered cyclists are required to meet a fundraising minimum prior to picking up their rider packet. The minimum is $175 for one-day riders and $250 for two-day riders. Virtual Riders have no fundraising minimum, but do not participate in ride weekend.
While riders are required to reach this amount in order to participate in ride weekend, we strongly encourage riders to continue fundraising beyond this date!
All cyclists of all skill levels are welcome. Riders are given the option to complete the entire two-day route from Baytown to Galveston and back or one day only. Pick whichever option works for you! The route is fully supported with SAG wagons and frequent breakpoints along the route that provide drinks, snacks, bike mechanics and first aid.
Register today to ride in Bike Around the Bay 2018 on October 20-21, 2018!