Bike Around the Bay Registration Guidelines
Early Registration: $25
May 15, 2013 - June 30, 2013
$25 registration fee
Regular Registration: $45
July 1, 2013 - September 30, 2013
$45 registration fee
Late Registration: $65
October 1, 2013 - October 12, 2013
(late registrants are not guaranteed a t-shirt)
Two Day Rider: $150 minimum
One Day Rider: $100 minimum
* All cyclists are required to meet the $150 or $100 fundraising minimum prior to packet pick-up. The fundraising window will remain open until November 12, 2013 for fundraising prize and top fundraiser purposes only.
Non-cyclists (injured riders, BAB volunteers, GBF volunteers, etc.) can be a
part of Bike Around the Bay even if they're unable to participate in ride
Registration: $25 ($18 is tax-deductible)
Fundraising: No fundraising minimum
One Day Ride Bus Ticket
GBF will facilitate transportation back to the Day 1 start line for riders choosing to ride only Saturday. Transportation will leave Moody Gardens on Saturday at 6:30pm and Sunday at 10:30am. A bus ticket includes transportation for one cyclist and his/her bicycle and luggage back to the start line.
* Registrations and donations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
minimum age for a rider riding his or her own bicycle is 12 years of age as of
October 12, 2013.
* Each rider of a tandem bicycle should register separately.
* Complimentary dinner is provided for registered cyclists at Moody Gardens the evening of night one. Extra dinner tickets for friends and family can be purchased for $25/person during registration, online, and on-site during ride weekend.
Bike Around the Bay Fundraising
* After registration, you will have access to a personal fundraising page through
your "Participant Center." You can use the "Participant Center" button
the right of the screen to reach the homepage, where you will enter your
customized log-in information. We encourage you to bookmark this site
for easy reference.
* All fundraising donations are tax-deductible. Online gifts can
be made easily through your personal fundraising page. If your collect
checks or your supporters prefer to mail checks directly, please ensure
checks are made payable to the
Galveston Bay Foundation and include "Bike Around the Bay" and your name in
the "memo" field.
* Matching gifts from your employer and your supporters' employers count toward your fundraising goal! Because
companies often distribute matching gift payments annually or
quarterly, we'll add "unconfirmed" gifts to your fundraising page as soon
as we receive matching gift paperwork. These gifts will be recognized for fundraising minimum requirements for packet pick-up. If you have questions about how to request or
encourage matching gifts, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Offline gifts including checks and matching gifts will be added to your TeamRaiser page within one week of their receipt at the GBF office.
* GBF recognizes top fundraisers through a Fundraising Recognition Program which includes weekly drawings in August/September and overall fundraising awards offered to cyclists raising $250 or more. Follow us on Facebook or re-visit the Bike Around the Bay website to stay up-to-date on our 2013 Fundraising Recognition Program.