Registration Information for 2015:
July 1, 2015 - September 30, 2015
October 1, 2015 - October 18, 2015
(late registrants are not guaranteed a t-shirt)
Virtual Rider: $25.00
- Non-cyclists (injured riders, BAB volunteers, GBF volunteers, etc.) can be part of Bike Around the Bay even if they are unable to participate in the ride weekend.
- Registration: $25 ($18 is tax-deductible)
- Fundraising: No fundraising minimum
* Due to cost increases from the numerous vendors
it takes to put on the 2-day Bike Around the Bay tour, we are increasing our
registration fees slightly from 2014. We are pleased to be able to keep
our fundraising minimums at the same levels. Thank you for your
understanding and support!
Two-Day Rider: $150 minimum
One-Day Rider: $100 minimum
- All cyclists are required to meet the $150 or $100 fundraising minimum prior to packet pick-up. The fundraising window will remain open until November 16, 2015 for fundraising prizes and top fundraiser purposes only.
- Offline Donations: To make a donation by check, please print and fill out the offline pledge form and mail it with your check(s) to the Galveston Bay Foundation.
One-Day Ride Option:
Bike Around the Bay offers a one-day ride option, which gives cyclists the option during registration to select if they
would like to be transported back to the start at Royal Purple Raceway from
Moody Gardens, either 6:30pm Saturday or 9:00am Sunday morning. The
fee is $35 per ticket and includes transportation for the cyclist, their bicycle
and luggage. Reservations for the bus transportation should be purchased in advance as availability will be limited at the time of pickup. To purchase one or more bus tickets, please click here.
- Registrations and donations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The minimum age for a rider riding his or her own bicycle is 12 years of age as of October 17, 2015.
- Each rider of a tandem bicycle should register separately.
- Complimentary dinner is provided for registered cyclists at Moody Gardens the evening of day one. Extra dinner tickets for friends and family can be purchased for $25 per person during registration, online, or on-site during ride weekend.
Bike Around the Bay Fundraising:
- After registration, you will have access to a personal fundraising page through your Participant Center. You can use the Participant Center button on the right of the screen to reach the homepage, where you will enter your customized log-in information. We encourage you to bookmark this site for easy reference.
- All fundraising donations are tax-deductible. Online gifts can be made easily through your personal fundraising page. If you collect checks or your supporters prefer to mail checks directly, please ensure checks are made payable to the Galveston Bay Foundation and include "Bike Around the Bay" and your name in the memo field.
- Matching gifts from your employer and your supporters' employers count toward your fundraising goal! Because companies often distribute matching gift payments annually or quarterly, we'll add "unconfirmed" gifts to your fundraising page as soon as we receive matching gift paperwork. These gifts will be recognized for fundraising minimum requirements for packet pick-up. If you have questions about how to request or encourage matching gifts, please contact Kat Darvishzadeh at email@example.com.
- Offline gifts including checks and matching gifts will be added to your personal fundraising page within one week of their receipt at the Galveston Bay Foundation office.
- The Galveston Bay Foundation recognizes top fundraisers through a Fundraising Recognition Program which includes weekly drawings in August and September and overall fundraising awards offered to cyclists raising $300 or more. Follow us on Facebook or revisit the Bike Around the Bay website to stay up-to-date on our 2015 Fundraising Recognition Program.